Monday, August 16, 2010

The Birth Stories Part I

Now what would a 'Mama' blog be without those Crazy, silly, sad, beautiful and breath taking Birth stories ya'll love to sink your eyes into right? Right!
Well I'd love to share mine! uh hmm ok, bear with me here whilst I get my tooshie comfy on the cushie and one last sip of my cuppa...

Ok so, we are going to backtrack here about 2 1/2 years ago for the birth of that free spirited angel we named to be Lillian...

Pregnancy was amazing, actually it went that quick, my first scan was my 19wk'er everything was normal. EDD was to be 20th April 2008!, Sex was unknown!

Saturday 13th April 2008 I was in some sort of weirdo back pain.Ignored it.Got worse. So i track on down to mums, she convinces me to go and just atleast get checked out so, Todd and I make tracks to the hospital.
"4cm dilated" Doctor says, I ask " so what about these pains in my back ect?"
Doctor:: " Just your body getting ready, you could go anytime up to a week!"

Sunday 14th 5pm, I'm in alot more pain and just vomited in my mothers garden (classy i know right!?) pains were getting a little stronger, but to me it was no different to what i was feeling before? I was confused and so frustrated that i was really trying to listen to my body and gauge everything but really, i had no idea. So mum tries to convice me yet again to go in and just get them to check everything out.

Well, I refused, Sarcasm  "Just my body getting ready mum!" geeesh... so we call instead, yes we are told to come in dont be so 'silly'!
Arrived at 6pm, everything still the 'same' Membranes still intact, No show, So of course I was still in disbelief that this could not by any way shape or form be 'it'.
I took a walk up and down up and down up and down up and down those stairs hoping to hurry things along.... when after about 15 mins of doing so BAM I had a show! Woooo hooo this IS it!
Contractions were a fair way apart still, still managable , I was offered drugs the whole time but i was determined to keep it al'natural, hence my high pain threshold.

It was now 7:30 pm and i was just getting 'over' it, over the waiting of the membranes to pop break, so my midwife breaks them... 5 mins later BAM those contractions were high and few moments in between OUCHY! I was offered more drugs but still, I could handle it.



11:40 pm Todd was watching TV, mum was also! Midwives were doing changeover, everything so blar-zay, I looked over at mum and said "I feel like I need to push" I have never seen some one jump out of that chair so quick "quick Todd quick, get the midwife!" she shouts across the bloomin room! 2 come running in! thats it i was pushin! what felt like forever was a pretty quick 23 mins! "Its a -a-a Its a boy, no wait, ITS A GIRL! Damn cord haha, 12:08 am she was placed on my chest, pretty standard procedure but, WOW! It sent me into another place, another world, another feeling, it literally was like I was floating on cloud 9, who needs drugs through out when you get the ultimate high afterwards, which erases all those pains.
 

We were put on ward by 2am and Lillian was put straight to the breast,Lillian 'took' to it without any struggle, much to my blessing! and there we lay, the proud mama of our precious Lillian Charlotte.
My heart is now too big for my body.




May the Adventures start, and the happiness never end!

Skye XxX



2 comments:

  1. So beautiful. I love stories of life! Yours is wonderful and amazing. The photos are beautiful and I love that you used a midwife... not as common here in the States, but we did our second time around. :)

    ~Tabitha

    ReplyDelete